Access to Government Procurement Opportunities (AGPO)
GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL ELIGIBLE SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS UNDER THE YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES CATEGORY.
The legal requirement for women, youth and people with disabilities to access 30% of Government Procurement opportunities is being implemented within the context of the Access to Government Procurement Opportunities (AGPO) program.
The AGPO program is founded on the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 Article 227 on the fair, equitable, transparent and cost-effective public procurement of goods and services, Article 55 on affirmative action and, the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015.
National water Harvesting and storage Authority (NWHSA) is committed to supporting Government policy to Government Procurement Opportunities for Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities.
THE AIM OF THE AGPO PROGRAM
The aim of the AGPO program is to facilitate the enterprises owned by women, youth and people with disabilities to be able to participate in Government opportunities. This is made possible through the implementation of the legal requirement that 30% of Government procurement opportunities be set aside specifically for enterprises owned by these groups.
The Authority has therefore implemented the following strategies to fulfil the same:
- Reservation of specific procurement categories of budget of goods, services and works to the special groups during registration / pre-qualification of suppliers. The list of suppliers can be accessed via the Authority’s Website (waterauthority.go.ke).
- Notice on invitation for tenders especially specifically reserved for the Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are published in government portal tenders/.go.ke (PPIP) and also Authority’s Website (www.waterauthoirty.go.ke). Kindly visit our website or the Government portal to access the opportunities available.
- Specific opportunities available for youth, Women and People with Disabilities include :
- General Supplies;
- Small Dams and Pans Projects and
- Flood Control Projects.
- The authority continuously registers qualified suppliers and contractors for Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities.
HOW TO ACCESS NATIONAL WATER HARVESTING AND STORAGE AUTHORITY (NWHSA) AGPO OPPORTUNITIES
Step 1 – Register a business enterprise in the form of a sole proprietorship business, partnership business or a limited company.
Step 2 – Obtain a partnership deed from a lawyer, if it is a limited company, obtain a CR12
Step3 – Acquire a PIN and tax compliance/ tax exemption certificate.
Step 4 – Acquire required certifications from National Construction Authority.
Step 5 – Open a bank account for the business.
Step 6 – Access the website www.agpo.go.ke and register.
Further information/enquiries regarding Access to Government Procurement Opportunities you can visit our offices at National Water Plaza, Dunga Road – Industrial Area, P.O Box 30173-00100. Nairobi – Kenya. Telephone +254 20 6964000/1.
NWHSA promotes National values, patriotism, National Unity, Democracy and participation of people Equity, Human Dignity, Inclusiveness, Integrity, Good Governance, Sustainable Development, Transparency and Accountability.